Will semen volume decrease after a vasectomy?

A very commonly asked question after vasectomy is will semen volume drop, or will the vasectomy impact ejaculatory function? Men do not notice a drop in semen volume when they ejaculate after vasectomy either because only 2 percent of the volume comes from the sperm cells made in the testicles. The other 98% of the ejaculate volume comes from downstream of where the blockage is made with a vasectomy, from the seminal vesicles and prostate gland. Ejaculatory function should not change after a vasectomy.